I blamed my lost Nanaimo Bar recipe on the Black Friday flyers that were scattered all over my desk, and I had thought that I’d trashed the recipe card. Well, this past weekend I completely cleaned up the desk area, and I found the recipe card under a layer of dust (cough, cough).
So here is the famous recipe:
1. In a saucepan, melt and mix the following ingredients and then boil for two minutes on low heat:
3/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
5 Tbs unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
2. Add add to the saucepan the following ingredients and mix:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3. In the saucepan, you have just made the base for the bars. If it seems too crumbly, add a melted Tablespoon of butter to the mixture.
4. Place the saucepan mixture (the base) into a 9×13 and cool.
5. In a bowl, mix:
6 Tbs softened butter/margarine
5 Tbs milk
3 Tbs instant vanilla pudding powder
4 cups of powdered sugar (icing sugar)
6. Spread the mixture onto the base in the 9×13. This is the second layer.
7. In a saucepan, melt:
5 1 oz squares of unsweetened baking chocolate
2 1 oz squares of semi-sweet baking chocolate
3 Tbs butter/margarine
8. Spread on top of the 9×13 layers. This is the final layer.
9. Refrigerate and ENJOY!!!!!!!