How I loved my Chap Stick!
Maybe some of you can relate to my addiction. I was putting on Chap Stick ALL the time! I HAD to put it on after I brushed my teeth, while driving, throughout my work day, and definitely before I went to bed. In fact, I would drag myself out of bed if I realized I had forgotten. I was putting it on 6-10 times a day! What was wrong with my lips? Was it just a bad habit?
I loved the moisture that came with the Chap Stick, but a few hours later my lips would feel dry and another application was in order.
But then one day I read something in a marketing book. That led me to do a little research myself and perform an experiment. Hmmmm…
1) Chap Stick has some very iffy ingredients:
- camphor- makes the lips feel cool initially but is a drying ingredient
- cetyl alcohol- dries out lips
- lanolin- irritating to lips
- paraben- irritating to lips
2) By stopping my excessive use of Chap Stick and switching to petroleum jelly instead, I’ve reduced my lip-moisturizing regimen to only two times a day.
Ever wonder why Chap Stick included those ingredients in the first place?