With about 45 hours of sitting in the car ahead of me, what did I do an hour before we left? Whip up two travel pillows, of course. I cringed when I told Josh that I was going to make travel pillows while he was running back and forth, busy packing the van. His responding look spoke volumes, but seeing that we were not pressed for time and that I was positive it wouldn’t take too long, I pulled out my sewing machine and supplies.
Here’s what I did:
Here are some takeaways:
- The pillow was super easy to make and I think it’s comparable in size and comfort to what I saw at the store for a whole lot more money.
- But, I wish the pillow was even poofier. Josh really likes travel pillows (instead of regular pillows) in the car, but he preferred to use both of the travel pillows at once to give more support.
- If I were to make it again, I would place the circle more off-centered so that at least one side would be bigger and give more neck support.
- Also, a darker colored fabric would be better. The pillows stayed white, but if we had stained them with food, it would have been obvious.
- In the end, because we traveled so far, the pillows were worth it and added a little extra comfort. I can see myself using them in the future for shorter trips to Canada as well.